Tuesday, March 5, 2019

One Minute At A Time


On Sunday two different people told me "you only have to wait one minute at a time." While I knew what they said was true my heart cried out in protest" the wait is to hard and wearisome!" Waiting is hard, very hard. It gets wearisome and almost unbearable. There are so many uncertainties while we wait and our minds naturally fret and worry over a million different outcomes while we wait. We need to trust the Lord and rest in Him While we wait.


Honestly, life is full of waiting. We wait in line at the store. We wait at a traffic light. We wait excitedly for a baby to be born. We wait for a medical diagnosis. We who are single wait for marriage. No matter what waiting season God has us in trust Him. The wait seems long and unbearable, but God’s timing is perfect. I’m preaching this to myself because I’m in a waiting season that I’m anxious to be done with. I’m anxious to move on with my life.


"Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge."

Psalms 62:5-8 NLT


Praise the Lord while you are waiting. Thank Him for his faithfulness to you in your waiting season. Again I’m preaching this to myself, because so often I become weary of waiting and I start doubting God’s faithfulness. The beautiful thing about waiting is that God teaches us some of the greatest lessons in our waiting season.









1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and so true. Thank you for sharing, Krystle.

    ReplyDelete